German Medical Journal
Deutsches Ärzteblatt (German Medical Journal) is the official organ of the German Medical Association and the National Association of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians. It is the only title in the medical specialist press intended for all physicians in the Federal Republic of Germany.
They are addressed with three editions:
- Edition A: practice edition (registered physicians)
- Edition B: clinic edition (hospital physicians)
- Edition C: all other employed physicians
For non-employed physicians, retired physicians and other physicians outside of their profession, a separate edition M appears monthly.
The aim of Deutsches Ärzteblatt (German Medical Journal) is to provide competent and objective information for physicians.
The editorial content specifically offers:
- Current reports from the professional, health and social policy spheres
- Practical, current medical further training
- Scientific articles on medicine
- Messages from the publishers
- Current, close-to-practice reports from industry and pharmaceutical research
- Further articles on areas that interest physicians professionally and privately: close-to-practice IT / organisation; economic, financial, insurance and legal questions, professional and career planning; art, music, literature, film and media; travel
- Supplement and special pages on various topics (see publication schedule in the media data)
Deutsches Ärzteblatt (German Medical Journal) is by far the most widely read title in the entire medical specialist press in Germany. Its excellent media performance values recommend it as a leading advertising medium in the target group of physicians. The relevant editions can be reserved separately or combined. Partial reservation of the practice edition for the target group of GPs, practitioners, internal specialists (API) is also possible. The classified adverts section appears uniformly only in the complete edition. By combining it with zm – Zahnärztliche Mitteilungen – from the same publisher, it is possible to address all employed physicians and dentists in Germany through adverts simultaneously.
- Outstanding media performance values recommend Deutsches Ärzteblatt (German Medical Journal) as the leading advertising medium for the target group of physicians:
- Highest RPI reach and absolute highest reader – magazine loyalty in the LA-MED API and hospital physician study 2017/2016
- Excellent RPI reaches in the specialist physician study 2015
- Serious editorial environment and high credibility for positive image transfer in advertising
- High awareness due to the TOP address quality of the recipients of Deutsches Ärzteblatt (German Medical Journal)
- High magazine utilisation
- Comfortable reading format
Target groups / combinations:
All registered physicians in Germany.
All registered GPs, practitioners, internal specialists (API) in Germany.
All hospital physicians in Germany.
All registered GPs, practitioners, internal specialists (API) + hospital physicians in Germany.
All registered physicians and hospital physicians in Germany.
All employed physicians in Germany.
Practice Edition A
Practice Edition A GP scheduling
Hospital Edition B
* IVW Q2/2018
- 66,9 % of all hospital physicians,
- 74,2 % of all consultant physicians and registrars,
- 63,4 % of all ward physicians and senior house officers
(Editor in chief)
Prof. Christopher Baethge
(Head of medical science editorial)